Early in any endeavor is a need to generate realistic plans.
Crafting a plan requires knowledge of the activity’s foundations, the nature of the work (e.g., scientific or technical research), the resources available and needed, and supporting technologies and organizations, all set against a background of circumstances and desired futures.
Planning Document Experience:
Selected planning activities with which I have been involved—as contributor, generator, editor, and/or reviewer— include the following.
- NASA/NOAA’s Visible/Infrared Imager Radiometer Suite Sensor Data Record Calibration Plan
- NASA/NOAA’s Cross-track Infrared Sounder/Advanced Technology Microwave Sounder Sensor Data Record Calibration-Validation Plan
- NASA/NOAA’s Ozone Mapping Profiler Suite Sensor Data Record Calibration-Validation Plan
- NASA’s Earth Observation System Science Plan
- NASA’s Astrobiology Program Plan